FOOD DESIGN CONSULTING
At Green & Awake we can help you to take your business to another level by looking at your product or service from a different angle and linking it with the food design and branding.
We can help support your menu, give you insights into how to make it a conscious dining experience that your guests will never forget.
Designing for humans but also for the planet is at the core of our beliefs at Green & Awake. We are very much committed to designing climate-smart dishes and enhancing the sensory experience for unforgettable moments.
We can help you with:
- Adding climate-smart raw dishes & making your menu more sustainable
- Adding gluten-free whole food plant-based dishes
- Adding oil-free delicious main options for a healtier menu
- Consulting on zero-waste snacks and garnish elements & implementing the knowledge
- Having an insight on alcohol-free healthy cocktails and drinks (no fermentation)
- Enhancing your restaurant’s food experience with introducing new flavours they can’t find anywhere else, inviting atmosphere and decor ideas.
- Teaching new ways to present the dishes in your existing menu
- Helping you explore the sensory side of your space & business for a more memorable experience
MENU DESIGN COURSES
Today restaurants are constantly develop new ways to influence customers’ decision-making to take a certain action. In fact, the restaurant industry has its own special methods of psychological strategies.
Menu designers study the visual and verbal psychology behind why people order certain items—and use that valuable information to design menus in a way that maximizes restaurant profits.
In our short courses, you will explore the most important menu design techniques and valuable elements that are chosen specifically to get your customers to feel a certain way. You will be designing your own menu with creative approaches for naming, organizing, selling expensive menu items and highlighting items that enhance the appeal of your menu and increase overall revenue. You can also get menu design consultancy from us as well as menu design course.
The course is designed for professional chefs, restaurant owners, hospitality professionals and food service professionals.
CLIMATE-SMART CULINARY COURSES
We offer food design and climate-smart culinary courses suitable for special diet types such as raw food, gluten-free vegan, nut-free and oil-free for corporates and small groups. (Everything we made is always 100% vegan)
COOKING VEGAN TO MEET THE NEW CLIMATE REQUIREMENTS
The planet is warming!
Deepen your knowledge, learn what to cook in a changing climate.
What to buy and cook, if you want to help reduce your carbon footprint, the carbon footprint of our nation, our world?
It’s a remarkable course that doesn’t provide clear-cut answers about whether you should eat fruits or nuts, grains or greens but so much as to suggest a few new ways of looking at and thinking about the food you buy, cook and eat.
SUSTAINABLE ROUTINES THAT REDUCE FOOD WASTE
Our choices we make in our kitchen profoundly affect our environment. Smart, practical, and delicious zero-waste strategies are simple enough to be implemented immediately in your kitchen. In this short course, you will learn thinking wisely while planning your meals and repurposing what you can. Including delicious snack recipes made of peelings, pulps, tops, trims, steams besides shopping, storage and preserving tips.
The course topics:
- Insights on the vegetables from root to stem
- Insights into global and local consumer behaviours
- Supporting local farmers and food producers
- Alternatives to tropical fruits and nuts
- The importance of fair trade
- Reuse of food packages
- Less water tips
- Tasting of zero waste snacks + recipe materials
- Sharing is caring
THE ART OF GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN PASTA
We assume that one of your favorite meals is pasta and you are looking for the new healthy ways of eating pasta without guilt. You cut rice or corn out of your life. So what’s left? Learn from scratch the secrets of making the art of fresh pasta with wholesome ingredients and pair it with delicious climate-smart sauces.
The course including:
- Making healthy gluten-free flour mixture
- Deep diving into allergy-friendly binders and thickeners : flexibility and softness
- Learning to make your multi-functional dough for pasta, lasagna, dumplings, tortillas and tacos.
- Colouring your pasta dough with root vegetables, greens and fruit powders.
- Design thinking process
- Pairing your pasta with oil-free, climate-smart sauces.
- Plating of your pasta
DESIGN WITH LEFTOVERS
Plan out your menus and eat your leftovers in a creative way, and you’ll be doing your part for a healthy planet.
The course including a complete knowledge on:
- Reinventing food waste ingredients such as peelings, trims, stems, tops, skins, seeds, pulps.
- Flavouring: giving an extra kick of flavor by adding spices.
- Storage of leftovers: preserving, dehydrating, freezing.
- Creative use of leftovers: making brittles, culinary soil, flowers, sauces, powders and much more.
- Design thinking process.
- Plating with the ingredients you preserved.
The courses are given to groups of at least 10 people and to companies. However, from time to time, we host some events on a certain topic for very small groups and individuals.
If you are interested in our climate-smart culinary courses, send an email to [email protected] You will be placed on our waiting list and we will contact you when anything available.